Friday 29 April 2011

GOOD MORNING SIR



Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday…the clock would point towards the dreaded “8”
As a bunch of frustrated students prepared to greet their depressing fate…
In he would walk,…that constant expression…that crumpled white shirt…
The weird accent and the monotonous tone coupled with what he thought was mirth…

Physics was never anywhere close to my “list of favourite subjects”
All the effects and defects…troubled me like little insects…
The more I tried to go into the fundamentals of electricity…
The more I failed…awfully and miserably….

Not one word that left his mouth ever entered into my ears…
For a whole semester his face was the only reason for my fears…
I would sit quietly on the last bench never quite marking my presence…
And as the class would end ,would shout “SIR…Attendance…”

Every single class, I spent imagining the day the course would end…
No torture to endure and finally no classes to attend…
Out of the blue sometimes…id smile giving an evil look…
As I imagined the sight of me burning my text book….

I was so eager to rush to the last class…
Glad that at last  my troubles were going to pass…
I could finally turn my back to him and give him a cold face
Instead of having to be polite..you know just incase… :P

As the final class ended...my joys knew no bound…
But he looked at the class and constantly frowned…
“It had been a great experience teaching you
I hope you all learnt something new…

“ I shall not be taking any more courses for you…
   But even as we bid adieu…
  I hope that atleast you will greet me when we pass…
 And not just say~
“oh that guy he taught some frigging class”

For the first time I heard something that he said…
Still not sure what went on inside my head…
But what if I never knew the correct answer…
Today  every time I cross him.. I smile and say “good moring sir”….

No comments:

Post a Comment